Blippar is an industry-leading real-time object recognition engine, which ignited augmented reality (AR) revolution in advertisement sector. It is coming to draw the curtain on the unappealing QR-Code technology eventually and thereby set a new dimension in brand-to-client interaction. It surpasses other coding technologies with the ability of encoding data into everyday objects, instead of producing hideous space-consuming codes.
Blippar brings customer-centric AR experiences to Android, iOS and Windows Phone users completely for free. This future-proof innovation will definitely make its way to the wearable technologies in the very near tomorrow! We are dissecting its true potential by the means of this review. You’ll have to familiarize with two Blippar terminologies to digest it properly.
Blipp and Blipping!
‘Blipp’ and ‘Blipping’ are two important Blippar terms. Blipp stands for whatever on the real world that conceals some interactive experience. It can be any type of image, like posters, catalogs, magazines, brochures, billboards and even beverage cans. Blippar icon (white B on yellow rectangle) is generally used to specify Blipps.
According to the official Blippar website, Blipping is the procedure of decoding wow experience from real-world objects. You’ll be granted access to a number of visual treats such as videos, games, 2D or 3D graphics, m-commerce actions or even mobile coupons through blipping. It’s very easy to do! Open Blippar app and point your camera towards the Blipp. A new world will be opened before you in the blink of an eye.
How it works?
The technology under the hood is very simple. The app recognizes patterns through “markerless image recognition” and triggers its respective pre-programmed AR experience. For example, if you are pointing the camera at Bud Light STRAW-BER-RITA can, Blippar will use invisible markers to recognize that it is indeed a SRAW-BER-RITA can. The app will automatically download AR data from the server and display it on the top of the can. Camera will be constantly registering object movements to make the AR experience flawless.
Blippar gives the first priority to convenience. It boasts extremely intuitive user interface without clumsy button placements. User is taken directly to the object scanner on triggering the application. There are only two buttons in this screen, one fore flash light and the other for Explore window. Explore window takes you through the latest trends in Blipps. Menu button is placed on the top-left corner of this window.
Blippar 1.6.6 Features
Top 10 reasons we love in it!
- Supports major Smartphone platforms like Android, Windows and iOS
- Converts real-world objects to readable codes; Thanks to markerless image recognition technology
- Lightning-fast scanning, recognition and data download
- Scanning can be done from any angle, given that the image is visible
- Camera constantly registers object’s position related information, to make AR experience impeccable
- Highly intuitive user-interface with scanner as opening window
- Explore window to bring trendy Blipps to the user’s notice
- You can like or comment on various Blipps given at Explore window
- Blippar is free from in-app purchases and advertisements
- Supports snapshot capturing
For more information, visit developer’s website: Click Here
Before jumping to download button, make sure that your device can run it!
- OS: Android 2.3.3 or higher (Tablets or Smartphone with decent camera)
- iOS 6.0 or higher (supports iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch)
- Windows Phone 8 and above
- CPU: 1GHz
Blippar free application is an opening to the future. It utilizes augmented reality (AR) to unlock unique contents from everyday objects. It is a remarkable piece of tech which gains popularity today. Millions of brands including giant sharks like Coca-Cola, Sony, Disney, Nestle and Jaguar use Blipps! Augmented Reality is considered to gain traction on market by the widespread of wearable tech! Therefore, Blippar is definitely worth trying!